- I spent a week in Sydney reunited with Kim, Kelly and Marianne; drinking buddies I first met in Mendoza, Argentina. When we realised the four of us would be in Sydney at the same time, we all booked into the same hostel. Those seven days were spent drinking, and wandering around outside the Opera House and through the Botanical Gardens; drinking and visiting the Rocks and Darling Harbour; drinking and eating out in Chinatown; drinking and cooking up some of the best hostel group meals I've had since I started travelling; drinking and hiking around the Blue Mountains and laying on Bondi Beach. Oh, and there was some drinking going on.
- The Internet is as finicky and/or as expensive as it was in New Zealand. All the South American entries I want to work on are somewhat photo-dependent (I'm not sure I have the words to merely describe hiking through the Colca Canyon), and I haven't been able to upload any new photos to Flickr in two weeks.
- Even if Marianne, Kim and Kelly hadn't been with me, my hostel in Sydney (the Blue Parrot) is the most social hostel I've stayed in. There's always somebody around to shoot the shit with, and this made for a serious lack of computer time.
Random Number Stuff (I mean random stats, not points on random number theory):
- New Stamps in my Passport since August 21st: 20
- Times I've Done Things My Medical Insurance Wouldn't Cover If I Was Maimed: 5
- Weeks I'm Now Behind in My Blogging: 10
- Times I Ate Steak During 36 Days in Argentina: >25
- Countries in Which I've Seen Wild Penguins: 2
- Times I was Subjected to a Full Baggage Search: 1
- New Stickers Attached to My Laptop: 7
- Empty Pages Left in My Passport: 8
1. Four Months In
2. Three Months In
3. Two Months In

0 comments
Post a Comment